The present town of Penmaenmawr post-dates the coming of the railway and this local project used the Dwygyfylchi tithe map and apportionment and other primary and secondary sources to produce an economic and landscape history of the parish before the railway came in 1849.

The project took place with members of the Penmaenmawr History and Museum Group who, between them, have a great knowledge of and enthusiasm for the history of the parish. The project was carried out mainly through the medium of English in order not to exclude enthusiastic newcomers to the area.

The project resulted in a booklet, a ‘walk with history’ leaflet, group sessions and workshops, including visits to the Conwy and Denbighshire Archives, school visits and activities with local primary schools Ysgol Pencae and Ysgol Capelulo conducted jointly by the group and the Project Officer, a guided walk and a closing event which launched the new Places of Wales website.