Archives are re-opening across Wales. However to keep visitors and staff safe we’ve had to make changes. Here’s what to expect when we welcome you back.
- Contact the archive before you set out, you will need to make an appointment to visit.
- You will also need to order all your documents in advance of your visit. If the archive has an online catalogue, consult this to find the documents you want to view when you visit.
- Take everything you need for your visit. This might include your own pencil, notebook, magnifying glass, laptop or other device, and camera.
- When you arrive, there will be social distancing and other safety and hygiene measures in place.
- Documents are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours. If you require copies of documents contact the archive for advice before your visit.
- Access to computers, indexes, catalogues, reference libraries, microfiche and microfiche readers in the searchroom will not be available.
- Please be aware that facilities for taking a break, such as food and drink vending machines and lunch areas will not be available for use.
- For your and others’ safety, touch the documents and table surfaces as little as possible during your visit.
- If you are unable to visit in person, the archive may offer a Research Service and undertake research on your behalf. Contact your local service for more details.
Finally, welcome back, and thank you for helping us ensure everyone’s safety.